Welcome to the Traveling Wall Faribault Website
The Traveling Wall Faribault 2016 is a cooperation between Faribault Elks Lodge #1166, Faribault American Legion Post 43, Faribault VFW Post 1562, Marine Corps League, and several other veteran organizations, fro broughth the American Veterans Traveling Tribute (AVTT) to town August 31 - September 5 2016 Labor Day weekend.
Please stay tuned to this website as we are sorting through the thousands ofpictures and hours of video to make a great selection for all to enjoy.
Videos are available:
- Escort into town on August 31 (dash cam, low res, no sound)
- Summary of escort and Soft Opening Ceremony (courtesy of Faribault Community Television)
- Grand Opening Ceremony
- Coverage on KTTC TV (Rochester MN)
- See the AVTT Wall be constructed in just over 2 minutes (it really took just over 2 and a half hours)
- Drone footage of Wall and closing ceremony prep
Our mission statement:
To offer veterans and visitors an opportunity to experience both an educational and healing experience, and offer an important historical contribution to the understanding of our nation's history.
We would like to sincerely thank the residents, bussineses and organizations of Faribault and surrounding communities for all assistange of making this project a huge success.
Our goal to provide healing for Veterans and tell them "Thank You and Welcome Home" exceeded our expectations.